about Alaska redd
thoughts and history
ALASKA REDD’s musical journey began with Fairbanks, Alaska-based 50 Belo Records in 1994. After the label’s relocation to California in 1998, Redd stayed behind and continued his relentless pursuit of bringing underground Hip Hop from Alaska to the world – and from the world to Alaska.
While helping the culture grow in his own hometown and state, he has been labeled as a “pioneer of Alaska’s Hip Hop scene” and is highly recognized and respected throughout the region. He has five full-length releases under his belt and has appeared on numerous mixtapes and has been a featured artist on multiple tracks by well-known artists here in Alaska and the United States. His first album debuted in 2001 and was called “Orgnizdrkus” (Organized-Ruckus). In 2002, he released “Clearer than Black and White” followed by I.M.W. (Interior’s Most Wanted) in 2004. Alaska Redd then signed other local artists to his ReddDott Productions label and tried his hand at the production side of things, releasing artist Hastyle Reign’s “A Warrior’s Tale” in 2005 and King Slim’s “Crown’d Royal“ in the summer of 2007.
Since the fall of 2007, Alaska Redd has expanded his business and musical endeavors by starting and operating a concert promotion company called Permafrost Promotions. In a market where Hip Hop events, concerts, and the culture itself are often overlooked and, at times, seem almost nonexistent, Alaska Redd has made sure his community has had access to high quality Hip Hop concerts, a recording facility with a Hip Hop background, and exposure to underground and mainstream artists alike while continuing to work closely with a variety of artists that he has introduced to Alaska over the years.
Alaska Redd made a game-changing return to the scene in 2010 when he released ”Trapped In The Land of The Frozen.” This album not only included powerful feature records with Alaska Redd’s longtime mentor E-40, but he also shocked the masses with the Strange Music collaboration featuring Tech N9NE, Krizz Kaliko, and Kutt Calhoun on “AK to KC MO.” In 2017, Alaska Redd released “Snowsuits & Bunny Boots,” further fine-tuning his craft and continuing to expand the boundaries of his creativity. This album features returning guest E-40, Bay Area Legend B-Legit, Grammy-nominated Paul Wall, and Detroit bad boy and former Shady Records recording artist Obie Trice, along with the best of the best out of Alaska. Alaska Redd continues to help develop the local scene while bringing the outside Hip Hop community to Alaska. He also continues to push the envelope with his musical aspirations. Alaska Redd has been blessed to share the stage with legendary acts and Alaska locals and strives to generate a memorable performance every time. He is the triple threat of artist, producer, and promoter.
More About Alaska Redd:
- 2000 – Started ReddDott Productions, an independent record label from Fairbanks, AK
- 2002 – Opened RedDot Recording Studios & DJ Services
- 2004 – Started 907 Publishing
- 2007 – Started Permafrost Promotions, a concert promotion business responsible for over 90% of all the Hip Hop concerts in Fairbanks, AK to date
- 2008 – Alaska Hip Hop Awards “Best Male MC”
- 2012 – Alaska Redd completed and organized the first Alaska statewide Hip Hop tour in history. The” On My Grizzly” tour spanned from Barrow, AK, the northernmost point in North America, ending in Valdez, AK, performing 14 shows in 12 different cities, towns, and villages just in the state of Alaska. The tour featured dates with Bone Thugs n Harmony and Rap-A-Lot Record’s former artist Devin The Dude of Houston, Texas.
- 2016 – Alaska Redd was the headlining act and organizer of the “Music for The Animals” tour, a statewide tour that included dates with Grammy-nominated Paul Wall and Kotton Mouth Kings.
- 2016 – Alaska Redd was a co-headlining act on the “Northwest Warpath Tour 3“with Illest Uminati, I.F.L., and more.
- 2017 – Alaska Redd was the co-headlining act on the “Hustler’s Dream” tour featuring Bay Area pioneer and legend, B Legit and made his first international appearance in Vancouver B.C.
- 2017 – Alaska Redd headlined and organized the “All Gas No Breaks” tour, starting in Alaska and running the entire length of the West Coast and back up to Montana with a total of 19 shows in 10 states.
- 2018 – Alaska Hip Hop Awards Best Male Artist
- 2018 – Alaska Hip Hop Awards Album Of The Year – Snowsuits & Bunny Boots
- 2018 – Alaska Redd joins Strange Music’s Krizz Kaliko as Co Headliner of his “Talk Up On It Tour.”
- 2019 – Alaska Redd joins Strange Music’s !MAYDAY! as a co-headliner of the “South of 5th Tour”